All About Pumpkins
Posts I have written
The first year I found myself with an excess of pumpkin I was not sure what to do with it. The following Fall I wrote the post, Tales From The Produce Auction – Pumpkins, about how I ended up using over 50 cups of frozen pumpkin puree.
Last year I wrote a post containing 11 different decorating ideas for pumpkins.
- not hard to process pumpkins, make sure you place the pumpkin on a rimmed sheet.
Downeast Maine Pumpkin Bread – I made this recipe back in 2012, turning it into muffins as well. We really liked the addition of chocolate chips, so I will be adding mini-chips to it this year. FYI, larger chunks sink to the bottom of muffins instead of staying mixed throughout the batter.
- Perfect Whole Wheat Pumpkin Muffins – this is also a recipe we have tried before.
- Pumpkin Shakes
- Pumpkin Praline Bread Pudding
- Pumpkin Syrup, a Lesson in Gums – if you are making syrup and having trouble with separation, here is your solution.
- Basic Pumpkin Syrup – it can be found near the bottom of the comments. My local extension office did not recommend canning this (as it has not been tested, so they couldn’t recommend I do it) but did say freezing it probably would work.
- Pumpkin Spice Latte Syrup
- Pumpkin Vanilla Applesauce
Harvesting and Storing Pumpkins – they also talk about seed saving