I knew starting this month that the last few weeks would include a little guest at our house. This little guest is a Jack’s friend. Separately they are both high energy and stubborn. Put together they have fun, but can also be “emotional”. It is a short phase in life where simple meals will be good as I can’t exactly leave them to their own devices for too long.
We are also still continuing to eat from the freezer. When the month started I planned out all my meals. I really did try to save the simple or pre-made meals for this week, at least for the lunches.
At the time of this month’s menu planning I also wasn’t sure about likes or dislikes. Taking into account where we live currently, I was pretty sure this wouldn’t be the week for a curry dish or falafels. I tried to stick to something more mainstream, diet wise, for the area.
There are small green strawberries already appearing. I am very much looking forward to the time in the near future where we can have fresh strawberries with our pancakes.
- Cream of Wheat
- Eggs, toast, fruit
- Eat out
- Spaghetti with meat sauce
- Dad’s Meatloaf with Tomato Relish (pre-made, in freezer), potatoes, corn, beets
- Superfast Salisbury Steak, rice, peas, beets
- Sliced ham, potatoes, peas, beets
- Leftovers (from freezer, too)
- French Toast (pre-made, in freezer), spiced peaches
- Tangy Black Bean Soup (pre-made, in freezer)
- Chicken Enchiladas (pre-made, in freezer), rice with salsa, leftover veggies
- Sandwiches – salami/turkey salad, chips, pearsauce
Linked up with OrgJunkie.
For more ideas also check out This Week For Dinner.