This week is starting without me. I’m still technically on the MOMcon trip. 🙂 On Saturday we leave for our 2-week family trip. Between now and then several things need to get done. Last week’s list, rewritten to be more specific, was helpful in keeping my sanity when I really wanted to just hide under a blanket with a book. Oh how I miss the days I used to be able to do that.
Last Week’s Goals
- Can blackberry jam (it is already pureed and in the refrigerator. It just needs to be cooked and canned.)
- Can salsa (The tomatoes are picked, but need to be used.)
- Pick apples
- Make and freeze 3 months worth of corn bread muffins
Read 1 hour to the kids Finish painting railing on 1/2 of the porch Print off more coupons, or get more gift cards, to use on upcoming family trip
- Switch clothing (summer for winter)
- Decorate a pumpkin, sealing and painting
- Make and free 3 months worth of either Chinese Style BBQ Pork or Meatloaf
- Can applesauce
- Read 1 hour to the kids
- Look for Groupon and other deals for family trip
- Gather leaves and mulch
I expect the garden to be done by the end of this month. Temperatures are getting cooler. Lows are close to the frost point. Harvests levels are decreasing. There are still a few onion bulbs that I hope will keep growing. I may have to find some cloth to protect from frosts.
On Tuesday we had Spaghetti and Meatballs for supper. I decided to double the meatball recipe to have some extra in the freezer. We ended up with 57 meatballs. That is more than 3 months worth. Though it was exactly the meal I was planning to make, it is what worked and is something we each each month. It may have taken me an extra 5 minutes, but saving the dishes and time to pull out and mix up the ingredients for the next four meals was worth it.
Where one door closes another one opens. I focus more on the inside and planning during the winter months. I’ll talk more about that next week. For now I am going to enjoy the great fall weather and go rake some leaves.
What is on your list for the week?