I always have great visions of how a party is going to go, but it never seems to work out that way. It is the morning of the get together and I am running around finishing up last minute details. It always works out in the end, but I never seem to get to enjoy the party as I feel like I’m running in a million directions. Take the picture above, for example. This was from a tea I did this past spring. All the food worked out great … it was only an hour late being served. All the sandwiches were being finished at the very end and I had not judge the time well.
My goal for the one this week is to change that. I really should have started on this last week or the week before, but I didn’t fully realize that I only had 2 or 3 weeks till the party. “Surely November isn’t that close yet!”
Well, here we are. I thought I would write out my thoughts on planning this, to show how I am going to accomplish this goal. As the week progreses I’ll adjust this as I remember things to do, or get other items done earlier.
FYI: this is in backwards order. The things you see first will actually be done last.
– Eat cake
– Serve supper.
– Set out deviled eggs right before serving supper.
– Open gifts.
– Begin Party
– Set out cake
– Have kids blow up balloons and tape around area. Have the kids decorate with crepe paper as they wish (the older kids)
– Start coffee pot
– Put hot cocoa crockpot out. Place cups beside crockpot, along with ladel.
– Set up tea station – hot water kettle and assortment of teas, honey bottle, sugar bowl; plastic spoons for mixing; cups for drinking
– Set up for party – set up tables, cover with tableclothes; set up chairs; set up tent, if outside; turn on music.
– Arrange veggies on platter, set out.
– Place muffin on platter, set out. Put butter or margarine nearby, along with some jams.
– Place soups in crockpots, or on stove, on low
– Morning – empty trash
– Morning – take frozen chili out of freezer, remove corn bread muffins from freezer
– Decorate cake and place in fridge
– Make deviled eggs
– Cut veggies, place in bags, for veggie tray
– Gather chairs and tables in one place
– Bring party bin upstairs, or bring items needed from it upstairs
– Vaccum and sweep
– Pick up and declutter the main living areas
– Bake cake; cover and place in fridge
– Mix up iced tea and lemonade, place in fridge
– Vaccum and sweep
– Declutter and pick up the dinning room and kitchen
– Make haystacks; place in air tight container.
– Grocery shopping
– Make chilis; freeze
– Find a few games for people to play
– Practice making cake
– Make cupcakes and place in fridge
– Make corn bread muffins; freeze.
– Do a quick clean up of the bathroom
– Buy eggs to make cake
– Put together rough estimate of number of people attending (= 35)