This post contains affiliate links. If you sign up through one of the links below, I will receive a portion of your points earned, at no extra cost to you. Thank you for helping support this blog.
It is getting to be crunch time – the winter gift giving season is upon us. Hopefully your plans have all materialized and you are sitting with your feet up, admiring your beautifully wrapped packages.
If that isn’t the case, you (I) still have time.
My husband and kids are going to take time around the new year to visit his family out of state. At first I thought this would work well, I would send their gifts with him. Quickly I rethought that plan as they will be flying instead of driving. No use giving him more things to keep track of while traveling.
I might include smaller gifts from my kids to those there, but only if they will fit in the kids’ suitcases. The rest of the somewhat-yet-to-be-determined items will be sent via Santa’s big brown sleigh. While this limits the purchasing options somewhat, it does mean I can shop through Swagbucks’ website and earn points, called SB, back on my purchases.
I am going to put this next statement in bold, because I fo believe it is that important – If you have to put purchases in a card which will take you weeks or months to pay off, DON’T. Smiles and “joy” for one day is not worth 6 months of payments plus interest! Spend time together cooking, camping, watching the stars. Go to a new library and read together or play with the toys. Visit a museum on a ‘Free Admission’ day, then have a treat of not typical items you got for free or almost free after discount/coupon. Memories will last longer than any toy, clothing items, music CD.
Online shopping is not the main way I earn SB to use towards redeeming for gifts cards and PayPal, but it is one available way. Others I know, who shop online more than I, find this a great way to get back a little of what they would be spending anyway. For them, it is their biggest method of earning SB. This flexibility in ways to earn is one of the reasons I like Swagbucks – you can adjust your earning methods according to what life is like at that moment.
The digital rewards site Swagbucks is offering big payouts during their December “Swago” promotion starting Monday, December 4th at 9am PT and running until Monday, December 11th! Swago is just like bingo, but in this case you’re filling out squares as you earn points on their site for doing things you already do online.
While some squares may require s purchase for you to “cover” that square, not all do. Most months I am able to achieve a pattern, to qualify for bonus SB, without purchasing anything at all.
Tip: do not forget to submit your board before the promotion ends. I may or may not have done that a time or two. You can not submit it once the promotion is over!
If you’re thinking of trying Swagbucks, this is a great chance to learn all about how the site works and earn bonus points while doing it, meaning you can get more gift cards faster.
Here are a few tips:
- Each square on your Swago Board will contain an action item to complete. They can be anything from getting a search win, completing a survey, or just visiting one of our popular stores!
- Once you complete the action item in a particular square the square will change color signifying the action item is complete.
- You have until 12pm PT/3pm ET on Monday, December 11th to mark off as many squares as possible so use your time wisely.
- Be mindful of the patterns and their corresponding bonuses located on the right of your Swago Board. The patterns will vary in difficulty and bonus value. Once you’ve achieved a pattern, the corresponding “Submit” button will light up. You can have multiple patterns available for submission, however, you can only submit ONE pattern so choose wisely.
- Each activity you successfully complete on your Swago Board will give you anywhere from 1-20 spins on the Spin & Win Wheel. PLUS, when you submit your board for a bonus you’ll get additional spins. The number of spins will depend on the pattern you complete. The wheel has all sorts of great prizes that you can win, and each spin is a winner!
- The Spin & Win Wheel will be available all throughout Swago and you have until 11:59pm PT on Monday, December 11th to use all your spins.
- Fill up your board and then submit your pattern to get even more points – if you can fill in the whole board, you get a 500 SB bonus, which is enough for a $5 gift card from the retailer of your choice.
Click here right now and click “Join” to get started! If you don’t already have a Swagbucks account, you’ll be able to quickly sign up; PLUS, if you earn 300 SB before the first of January, you’ll get a bonus 300 SB!