This post contains affiliate links.
Have you realized over four weeks have passed in the new year?! How are you keeping up with your resolutions? I have not quite kept up with mine like I had hoped.
Currently, I am struggling with having motivation to keep going, to get up and work on them. “But I am tired.” “Can’t it wait till next week?” “Oh, no one is really going to know if I don’t do it.”
Yet, if I do not work on them now, even a little step here and there, soon 6 months will have passed and nothing will be accomplished. So, I get up, even when I am tired, I do something instead of watching Star Trek: The Next Generation on Netflix:
- I get out the socket wrench and fix the washer.
- I find the post I had started previously and finish it.
- I take advantage of money saving methods here at home, via online shopping, to fulfill needs I was not able to address during shopping day.
- I pass along the four grocery sacks of clothes and shoes to another mom of boys, knowing they will get more use (and be a blessing) than if they were sitting in my garage.
- We join the church group for midweek gatherings, making new friends and building our support network.
- I say “yes” to the home school gathering, even though I barely know even one mom there.
- I do … something.
Those ‘somethings’ begin to add up and suddenly I am further ahead than I thought I would be, I realize that progress is about taking step after step after slow step in the right direction, towards the goal.
Among other things this week, I want to work on going to bed on time so I can wake up refreshed and ready to start the day. I also plan to join at least one exercise class at the gym.
What is something you are going to do this week to advance towards goals you have set for yourself?
This is one reason I keep sharing about the promotions on Swagbucks, even though they are not directly gardening or home making related. Not only am I reminded to keep working toward my goals (saving on upcoming gardening supplies, for one), but also to keep vigilant in other financial areas.
February is a month of love, and getting a $5 bonus from Swagbucks is their way of showing it!
When you sign up through me this month, you can earn a $5 bonus! Here’s how:
2. Earn 300 SB total before 3/1/17. You’ll get a $3 (300 SB) bonus for it!
3. If you spend at least $25 through Swagbucks Shop* you’ll get another $2 (200 SB) bonus on top of the cash back you’ll get from shopping. If you have some shopping to do online, just go to Swagbucks first and visit the store through them. It doesn’t cost you anything extra, but you’ll get SB points for every dollar you spend (on top of the bonus)!
That’s it. It’s super easy, and Swagbucks is for real. I use it myself, and I’ve earned $29.70 during the month of January. The majority of these SB have come from watching videos. While this activity does not earn the most per time spent, it is the easiest to do while washing the dishes, folding laundry, cooking supper, etc.
*You must receive your shopping SB before April 1st