This post contains affiliate links and a great way for you to earn money towards your spring garden goals.
This past week, in the middle of home schooling, unpacking, cooking, and in general trying to calm chaos, I participated in Swagbucks’ Dashing Through The Dough Team Challenge. It was a blast, even if my team did come in last. I learned so much from the other participants, hearing their opinions on various ways to earn (or not) and being encouraged to keep going, even when it was obvious we were coming in last.
Not only did I get to meet new people, but I also added to my points, called SB. I now have enough to redeem for a larger gift card, or two separate ones if I desire. If I wait till the new month, I will have enough to redeem for 3 gift cards, as the first $25 gift card every month is reduced in points. (This works for most gift cards, though not for the PayPal ones.)
With the Team Challenge concluding, Swagbucks has begun a new challenge, another round of SWAGO. This month’s Holiday Themed Swago offers a possible 400 SB ($4) Bonus!
What is SWAGO you ask? It’s a bingo-inspired promotion run by Swagbucks that rewards you with SB for completing everyday online activities. When you complete a task, watch that square change colors like a twinkling Christmas light. You can then redeem those SB for free gift cards. If you’ve never used Swagbucks, and missed last week’s team challenge, participating in SWAGO is a great way to learn how to use the site, and it’s a lot of fun!
Here’s what you need to know to get your 400 SB Bonus:
- Swago will begin on Monday, December 19th at 8:01am PDT/11:01am EDT, make sure you hit “Join” otherwise you won’t get credit for completing the action items. Each square on your Swago Board will contain an action item to complete.
- Once you complete the action item in a particular square the square will change color signifying the action item is complete.
- You have a limited amount of time to mark off as many squares as possible so use your time wisely.
- Be mindful of the patterns and their corresponding bonuses located on the right of your Swago Board. The patterns will vary in difficulty and bonus value.
- Once you’ve achieved a pattern the corresponding “Submit” button will light up. You can have multiple patterns available for submission, however, you can only submit ONE pattern so choose wisely.
- The game ends Monday, December 26th at 12pm PDT/3pm EDT. So make sure to hit “Submit” on the pattern you wish to submit. If you don’t hit “Submit” before the game ends you won’t receive your SB bonus.
As most of my Christmas shopping is completed, and even gift exchanged, I am looking towards the new year. My goals for earning SB are:
- to reduce the cost of home school materials
- save on our online grocery shopping
- and purchase gardening materials.
In planning our move, I had to decide if it was worth moving certain items. A fair amount of gardening things were either too worn or out of date (seeds from 2011? really?). These were best tossed or passed along, with the idea of replacing them once we moved.
Completing daily actives and participating in promotions is a great way to earn a few dollars towards replacing those items … or buying myself a container of cappuccino mix to make coffee in the mornings.