This post contains affiliate links.
Continuing to grow as a person and in knowledge is always something I have tried to address. This usually comes out in the form of trying new things or striving to improve upon something I am already doing.
- Starting a blog
- Adding fruit plants and bushes to my garden (some success, some failure)
- Adding fruit trees to my garden (failed)
- Cold calling potential employers, when we moved to a new area and I had no professional network nearby (success)
- Becoming fluent in a new language (failed, but it turns out enough stuck and I began to pick up a different language easier because of it)
- Seek out ladies at MOPS who seemed to be getting left out from conversations, even though I was the ‘new’ one to town, the ‘new’ one in the planning group, and am introverted (success and I have a great friend because of it)
- Fix our leaky washer (success)
I could keep going, but I think you get the idea. Most of the challenges I gave myself were ones that were extremely uncomfortable, making me step out of my box and tackle something new or emotionally hard.
However, some challenges are not so hard:
- Waking up 30 minutes earlier
- Reducing my coffee to only one cup a day, then down to just a cup or two a week
- Making the bed every morning
- Putting my dirty clothes in the hamper, rather than in a pile on the floor
- Earning points called SB to help pay for groceries and school supplies
These challenges were easier, yet had a big impact on my day.
I always encourage people to challenge themselves to new things, to try something different, to step out of their comfort zone and see if there is something else they might enjoy. Even if it is a ‘failure’ you can learn from it. Even if you learn to appreciate what you had before.
And, honestly, who doesn’t love a good challenge? Especially when you can get points to redeem towards free gift cards!
Join the Swag Day Parade team challenge hosted by Swagbucks, a website where you can earn cash back on everyday tasks you do online. It starts on Monday, November 21st at 8am PST and goes through Friday so you have a whole week to contribute points to your assigned team. It’s so much fun to see which team you are placed on, and discover all the ways you can earn SB while you contribute to your team’s goal!
How will you contribute? Watching videos, completing surveys, shopping online? These activities and more will help your team get ahead. If you’ve never used Swagbucks before, now is a great time to join, especially if you participate in the Team Challenge because it’s an opportunity to win an extra bonus for trying out the site.
All members who participate and contribute at least 400 SB to their team’s total will receive an SB bonus in the form of a rebate on their next gift card! I can’t wait to help my team come in 1st place for that 50 SB rebate.
This challenge lasts until November 25th so log in or make a free account! Pre-registration is open now!