This week is a bit calmer than last and feels more like the actual start of summer. There is the holiday on Monday, which while simple does mean my husband will be home, followed by a planned get together with some other families and their kids on Tuesday. The rest of the week is not busy, but there is some business that we need to finish out with our house remodel.
Our new stove came in (finally)!!!!! and works fabulously. It does cook different, so I am having to stay nearby till I learn more of what to expect from it. (pictures forthcoming, as I am short on time right now.)
Last week, Jack woke up several times at night, usually at about 1 o’clock AM. Anyone want to guess why I am feeling so tired? I am trying to get him out of the habit of asking for food and drink. Instead, I offered him a rice-filled heating pad, which satisfied his need for comfort. I also had to promise him that we would have spaghetti on Monday. The first night this happened, I thought he would forget about it. Alas, that is not what happened. He has reminded me every day and night that we are eating spaghetti on Monday. Whenever we go through the upcoming week, Monday is clearly defined as “when we get to have spaghetti.” You would think they were deprived of this food or some such nonsense.
- Eggs, fruit, toast
- Apple-butter French Toast sandwiches, scrambled eggs
- Oatmeal, peaches
- Fried Pancakes, bacon
- Eat out
- Sticky Blackberry Barbecued Ribs, potato salad, coleslaw
- picnic – sandwiches, applesauce, fruit, chips
- Beef Bourguignon, flat bread
- Chinese Style BBQ Pork, rice, veggies
- Minute Steak
- Lentils with Bulgar Wheat and Caramelized Onions: Moujadara with Burghul
- Herbed Lentils with Spinach and Tomatoes, rice
- Chicken Piccata, angle hair pasta
- Lebanese Meat-stuffed Pita
- Pulled-pork Egg Rolls (use leftover chinese style BBQ pork)
Linked up with:
This post contains affiliate links.