This post contains affiliate links about one of my favorite ways to earn extra money online.
Earlier this week, I talked a bit about how I had been looking back through the past year. We are a full 13 days into the new year and how it is going? Honestly, I feel like a complete failure.
Then I glance at the calendar and realize it has only been 13 days, several of those were days I was not even home, and over half of them were days George was still on Winter Break from public school. If I am not half way to reaching my goals, it really is okay. There are a few days left in the year to work on them.
During the moments when I am struggling to feel optimistic I try to find something readily on hand to help me take even the tiniest step toward advancing in one of the areas. Sometimes that means clearing off the kitchen counter, other times it means grabbing art supplies and making stamp art with the kids.
Today, it means letting my husband run Movie Night while I go hang out with some other home school moms in our area. Stepping outside my comfort zone to socialize with a group of previously unknown moms who teach using them same method we do, actually scares me. I have tried to talk myself out of going, then remember the post. Accountability, even from the other side of a computer, means I can not hide in my closet and pretend no one else knows that I was going to do XYZ, so it wouldn’t matter if I just ignored XYZ and read a book. So I will be going, after picking up a pizza using a gift card I bought yesterday. (I was going to buy the pizza anyway tonight, and buying the gift card helped me complete my SWAGO board design, thereby earning me another 125 SB.)
Having other families around us who also home school is one benefit of living where we do. The fact that there are other families who also use the same method we do is beyond what I could have hoped for. Compared to Small Town, where we were one of 3 families (in town) who I knew home schooled, all with different styles, having this opportunity is something I would never have dreamed of. So, I am going.
Something else this week I have been working on is finding a routine which works for me to consistently earn SB every day. While I have not reached my Daily Goal every day, I did do it for at least 7 days straight, which meant I will at least receive bonus SB for having done so.
Having a routine for this has been important for me, or else I would spend three times as long running in circles trying to figure out what I felt like doing that day. It also helps to have a smart phone, though one is not required. With the Swagbucks Mobile and SBTV apps I can use my spare minutes to earn free gift cards on my phone! Like the Swagbucks website, I can rack up points, called SB, by shopping, answering surveys and watching videos.
Here is what my routine looks like so far:
Work on completing my To Do List. (It is on the left side of Swagbuck’s home page.) By completing this list, not only do I earn SB for the activities, but also a bonus for completing 6 of them, and a larger bonus for doing all 8.
- Search topics I am needing to know about today, was curious about as I fell asleep last night, etc. Once I earn SB for searching, I move on the second step …
- Check for any opportunities on Crave. They are not always available, but I check early in the morning. If there are none, I come back later in the day and check on my desktop. Next up …
- Watching video clips. These are around certain topics, vary in time, and in amount of SB you receive. I usually do the shorter ones at this point, aiming for 1 or 2 SB. After this is finished, I …
- Check the Deal Of The Day. This is a special offer for that day. No purchase is required, only clicking through to the advertiser’s website. If the deal is something you wish to take advantage of, you may do so. If not, move on to …
- Discover new content. Again, there are a variety of options to chose from; I usually look for some of the quicker ones, such as reading articles. At other times, though, something catches my eye and I might sign up for a free sample or trial, or join an email list. (I have been having problems with certain articles working well on my phone. When this happens I will do them on my desktop or look for something else to complete.) Now that we are almost done with the To Do List, it is time to …
- Complete a survey. Or try to do so. Both activities count toward your list. Actually completing a survey can help you take a giant leap towards reaching your Daily Goal. If you are able to fill you Daily Goal meter (found at the top of the home page) you will additionally receive bonus SB.
Once my To-Do List is finished and bonus SB earned, I open the SBTV app on my phone and go about the rest of my morning activities. I have several clips which are my favorites. (If you hold your finger down on the clip for several seconds, it will pop up a window allowing you to make it your favorite. This gets added to your Favorites list, making them easier to find.)
If I reach my daily limit of SB earned on SBTV, I can move over to one of the other apps I have on my phone. The number of clips watched before earning SB varies, so you may find certain ones work better for you than others.
At this point I would normally be close to 100 SB, more if I happen upon a survey offering over 100 SB, or signed up for an offer which resulted in receiving SB in return.
Using the method above, I have earned 1304 SB ($13) since the beginning of the year.
While you wait for the coffee to brew, download free games and other apps through the Discover tab: 20 SB
During commercial breaks, take a featured survey or fill out your survey profile: 60 SB
While standing in line at the grocery store, answer the daily poll: 1 SB
When you’ve finally made it to the gym, watch style, tech and celeb news through the SBTV app: 2 SB for every 10 videos
Just as you’ve put dinner in the oven, your Swagbucks app tells you there’s a new Swag Code!: 3 SB
Before you go to sleep, use the Swagbucks app to shop from your favorite stores. You deserve it!: 100 SB
By downloading the Swagbucks mobile app, I can earn a free $10 gift card by the end of my week. Who knew playing on my phone could be so productive!
Invite your friends to download the Swagbucks Mobile app
so they can start earning their way to free gift cards. It’s 100% free to download and 100% easy to use. Its available for both iPhone and Android devices.