We are having a guest stay with us for the next two weeks. There are going to be days when lunches or suppers are eaten out, though we aren’t sure which ones. On those days, the kids and I will likely have a light lunch at home. What a great example of how a menu can be a blessing and something of which I am in control. If we need a meal, there is a plan or an idea of something to make. This also insures that I have all the ingredients. At the end of the month I will be able to look back at the meals we haven’t eaten and use them.
- Deep fried pancakes with warm maple creme syrup
- Omelets/eggs, toast, juice
- Pancakes, fruit, syrup
- Shakes (using pumpkin puree from the freezer)
- Apple Oatmeal
- Eggs, toast, bacon, fruit
Have I mentioned how much I love using the crock pot? So much so that I went from being an owner of 1 to an owner of 3 last year. They are all a bit different: short and oval, circle and tall, a rectangular one that sits on a base and reminds me more of a one burner electric stove top (except it is flat instead of looking like a burner). I didn’t think I would ever use all three at one time. I was wrong. I used to think all crock pots were made equal and that the shapes had mainly to do with looks. After using three different shaped ones I am finding that some shapes work better for certain meals. My next crock pot needs to be of a larger size.
- Eat out
- Eat out
- Chicken nuggets, tater tots, corn on the cob
- Chicken Piccata, rice, peas
- Greek Meatballs with Mint (Keftethes), couscous
- Superfast Salisbury Steak, rice, steamed carrots, corn on the cob
Here is an example of a lighter meal I made one day when my husband wasn’t planning on coming home. We had extra noodles and some tomatoes that had to be used up. To this I added a few slices of bacon, cooks and diced, along with some bits of chopped onion from the fridge. I topped all of it with Italian dressing, though I think poppy seed dressing would have been better.
- Jam and cheese sandwiches, tea, fruit
- Chinese Style BBQ Pork, rice, green beans, steamed carrots
- Beef curry with vegetables, rice
- Salami sandwiches, tomato, grilled onion, fries
- Minute steaks, potatoes with paprika sauce, peas, sliced tomato
For more ideas also check out This Week For Dinner.