Yesterday, I was able to finish the first coat of paint in our downstairs bathroom. This was the quickest of rooms that needed touching up on paint. The areas were mainly places on the wall that had been damaged or marked up the past few years. Also included were areas around trim or door frames that were missed when the room was painted originally or were damaged when door frames were changed out. I also took the time to patch a place on the wall were a hook has come off, taking some of the paint and drywall paper with it. That area needs to be sanded and painted today, as well as a second coat on the other areas.
On the list below, I have marked (bold and in red) two projects I am going to be working on the next few days. I decided to put both of these together as they really are related. It doesn’t matter which I do, painters tape will need to be up, paint brushes out and the ladder needs to be brought in from the garage. (We have very high ceilings on the main floor of our home, which means I can’t reach the top of what needs painting just by standing on a chair.) Some places need priming, others just paint. I am not sure if I will take this one room at a time, or do two rooms at once. It will depend upon how much time I have and how long a step will take.
Today I am going to be gone all morning, then have a meeting at my house over lunch. Nap times have been decreased this week (in hopes of having easier/better bed times), so I will have a shorter time frame in which to work than I have become accustomed to. Also, Saturday will find me gone before the sun rises and home after bed time. I doubt I will be painting then, though I might be installing an outlet cover. This is mainly to keep chipping away at projects. Yes, I could take a whole weekend and knock out several projects, but I don’t have the time for that. What I do have the time to do, right now, is work on them a bit at a time. If I do a little each day the progress will add up and soon I’ll have them all done. A saying of FlyLady’s that I like is, “Anything can be done 15 minutes at a time.” I completely agree. One thing I have come to find out, though, is you actually need to get up and do those 15 minutes. Dreaming and thinking about doing them doesn’t get you very far. =)
Lists of my 21 Projects:
Spackle stairway walls
- Prime spots to be painted (from previous replacement of door and window frames)
- Paint spots around door and window frames – work in progress. 1st coat in one room completed.
- Repaint Horse post by street
- Strip vent covers in bathroom and kitchen
- Repaint bathroom and kitchen vent covers
- Seal pots and paint with chalkboard paint (to be used with herb plants on the deck)
- Add outlet cover for washer/dryer
- Add outlet cover for outlet on front porch
Check credit report
- Replace light fixture in stairway
- Remove weeping cherry (to create a place for blackberry bushes)
Put out a bird bath
- Buy new kitchen trash can – work in progress
Organize and label kitchen pantry Move clothing totes to back of crawl space (instead of right in front), add shoe rack and rod to hang winter coats Divide out future clothing sized into clear totes, label
- Put camping stuff in tote(s), label
- Clean bathroom grout
- Seal bathroom grout
- Make and freeze 4 different soups, 3 months worth each – work in progress. 2 made and frozen.