How did it end up Thursday already? Where did the week go? Well, mine went to the food mill and canner. That is the only way I can figure out how it is already Thursday and I am just now getting around to posting this. It was made up earlier in the week, just not posted. My fault on that one.
- Get to be by 10 PM; wake up at 5:30 am – well, this didn’t work out. Although several nights I was able to get the equivalant amount of sleep.
- Have a clean counter before going to bed
- Read two ebooks about composting – I made it through most of one but haven’t finished it. Turns out it is longer than I thought.
- Spend 1 hour every morning and afternoon playing with my kids- I did better in this area, purposefully making time for them without other distractions
- Finish menu planning for the month – This goal made significant headway. It isn’t completely filled out, but the majority of it is
- Water the garden every morning, if it didn’t rain the night/day before – Did this several times last week, though not daily.
- Plant onion sets
- Plant lettuce seeds (buy them if I don’t have them)
- Move my potted cucumber plants to a different location – they are blooming well, but no cucumbers are resulting; I’m hoping a new location might help attract insects to aid in pollination – This is something I did early in the week. They are adjusting to the increase in sunlight, but seem to be doing okay. No cucumbers yet, though.
- Add compost to my south bed, around my basil plants – Also something I did early on in the week; saw immediate results. I think it helped act as a mulch to hold in the moisture and keep the sun off the soil.
- Go to the local yard waste disposal place to see if there are any wood chips
- Can beets
- Can tomatoes – Did one batch late Saturday; it was enough to get me into the canning mood for this week
- Make pumpkin bread and muffins to freeze and give away
- Clear off and organize pantry shelves
- Drink less soda (5) – I’m currently drinking about one a day. It isn’t a habit, but a daily indulgance)
- Eat fewer carbs
- Water daily if it hasn’t rained
- Spend 15 minutes daily working on weeding the flower beds
- Can pizza and spaghetti sauce