Long time readers will know I’m a big fan of Swagbucks. It’s an easy way to cover my entertainment budget, save big on holiday shopping sprees and make money trying out new products I would otherwise be skeptical of. The downside of Swagbucks is that the site gives you so many different ways to earn that it can be complicated and hard to keep track of all it’s earning features.
Well, Swagbucks runs this promotion once a month called SWAGO. It’s like BINGO, except each square takes you to a different part of their site where you can earn points, called SB, doing something easy online. You get paid for filling out your board – the more spaces you fill out, the bigger your bonus! This month, the bonus for filling out your whole board is 300 SB, which you can redeem for a $3 gift card right away. But, that’s just the start of your earnings with SWAGO. Because the game takes you to every nook and cranny of their site, you end up earning a ton of points along the way and learning if Swagbucks is right for you.
(If you are wondering how to earn $35 today, scroll down to the Swagbucks logo and continue reading. I will not hold it against you that you skipped seeing how I earned $10 and did some of my household shopping online.)
Here is what it looked like for me today as I racked up 1,050 SB on SWAGO and other activities:
-Attempted Gold Surveys that were at max capacity on Desktop: 4 SB
-Attempted Gold Survey on App: 1 SB
-Searched “How To Make Oatmeal” on Swagbucks Search and earned SB: 6 SB
-Completed an activity on Discover on Desktop: 2 SB
-Watched a few hospital clips on Swagbucks Watch on my desktop: 3 SB
-Watched on SB Mobile TV – 2 SB
-Answered Daily Poll – 1 SB
-Answered additional Survey Profile Questions: 6 SB
-Watched or read 15 videos, slideshows, and quick articles with nCrave: 25 SB
-Completed purchase of 2 boxes of Hefty trashbags for Walmart in-store pick-up from Shop on Desktop: 1,000 SB
-Downloaded 2 games from Special Offers on App: 49 SB
Subtotal: 1099 SB
– Redeemed for a $10 Amazon gift card to complete a SWAGO square. (I have already redeemed for a $25 gift card this month at the reduced SB level or else I would have kept saving to redeem for that particular gift card.)
I was very surprised that I did not qualify for any Gold Surveys. It happens. There are other days when I qualify for more than one and am able to earn several hundred SB from surveys alone.
Another surprise awaited when I realized one of the Shop deals was for trash bags. Not only that, it was the brand we use and was something already on my shopping list. One of next week’s shopping trips is to Walmart, so this works out even better with the in-store pick up option. I do not often visit the Shop section of Swagbucks, though I think I may be missing several money saving opportunities because of this tendency.
Speaking of a variety of ways to earn, there are two lesser known ways of earning bonus SB at the moment:
- Right now I am earning double the Swagbucks from nCrave, nGage, and Daily Crave. The bonus SB will show up tomorrow. What a great way to start the day!
- I also reached my Daily Goal and will receive a 4 SB bonus for today’s efforts. Those bonus SB will be added, along with others earned throughout the month, once the next month begins.
Some of the areas I explored today were new to me and took me a bit longer to understand how they worked. If you are new to Swagbucks please keep in mind that you may need to have some patience with yourself while you learn the site. It is not complicated but there are a lot of ways to earn and it may feel a bit overwhelming till you find your groove.
Unlike the example below, I did not fill up my SWAGO board, but I did make quite the dent in the activities and earned enough for a $10 gift card. There are a few left that I will be working on today and in the upcoming few days.
If you are even more adventurous than I am today, or have a bit more time, here is an example of how you can earn $35 in an afternoon:
(The Author) just completed every square on my SWAGO board this afternoon and ended up with 3,492 SB, just 9 SB shy of $35 worth of PayPal Cash or any Gift Card I could imagine. The full breakdown is below but the shorter version is I made $35 online this afternoon clicking around the web in my pajamas.
Here’s how I racked up the SB on SWAGO:
– Completed my Survey Profile: 4 SB
– Set my Swag Name: 4 SB
– Completed a Gold Survey on Desktop: 100 SB
– Signed up for a $3 trial of Dollar Shave Club on the Swagbucks App: 1,000 SB
– Signed up for a $10 trial of BirchBox (to gift to a friend): 1,500 SB
– Watched Jimmy Fallon Clips on my SwagButton: 3 SB
– Watched News Headlines on the Swagbucks TV App: 3 SB
– Disqualified from a Gold Survey on the Swagbucks App: 1 SB
– Referred my Mom and convinced her to try a $50 Groupon, earning her 350 SB. Because of the Three For All referral program, she earned 650 SB total, and I get 335 SB for Referring her: 335 SB
– Purchased a $25 Dominos Pizza Gift Card on MyGiftCardsPlus for Friday’s pizza night: 135 SB
– Searched “Best Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Recipe” on Swagbucks Search and earned SB: 9 SB
– Watched a few cooking show clips on Swagbucks Watch on my desktop: 4 SB
– Completed a Gold Survey on my desktop: 75 SB
– Redeemed a free Swag Code on the SwagButton: 4 SB
– Read a short entertainment news article on nCrave: 2 SB
– Redeemed a free Swag Code on my Swagbucks App: 3 SB
– Completed the Additional Survey Profiler: 5 SB
– Attempted Survey that was at Max Capacity: 1 SB
Subtotal: 3,192 SB
– Redeemed my SB for a $25 PayPal Gift Card to complete my last SWAGO square…
Getting me a 300 SB Bonus for Completing SWAGO! Total Earned 3,492 SB
Tonight I am going to watch a few more funny animal videos to get me over the line so I can redeem another $15 in Gift Cards to add to my splurge fund!
So, are you up for earning a few dollars instead of watching an hour of t.v. or staring at a particular social media site tonight? Let me know how it ended up going and what you are planning to spend the gift cards to purchase.