We are back to routines for the most part, sort of. All kids are doing school at their respective locations, a load of laundry was done, lunch was cooked, and a new morning routine has been formed in my mind.
I did change things a bit:
- During afternoon Quiet Time I took down some wallpaper. This was aided by a kid who got up, thereby necessitating a restart of the timer. This is normally a morning activity before everyone wakes up. However I have a renewed urgency to get this HUGE project done.
- While writing this Jack is writing his spelling words. Who says I gave to write everything at one time?
- During math practice I expanded some seed starting pellets.
- Jack’s computer time was used to order a pencil sharpener and switch laundry, via another computer.
- Lunch time also found me unloading and reloading the dishwasher. (Okay, that is pretty standard.)
- Jack’s read aloud time allowed me to clear off part of a counter.
- We got behind on our composer studies. Thanks to a CD from an inter-library loan Franz Schubert has been playing in the house all day long. Could this be lending a hand toward me feeling calmer?
- A shower did not get on the list for me this morning, I didn’t even get a coat on when I left the house. So Jack gets half an hour of t.v. while I add this indulgence to my afternoon activities.
Today feels better, calmer. Could it be because I have not had 3 boys (8, 6, & 6) behind my in the car for the last 1.5 hours?
Or because life still has a semblance of normal?
Or because I know our new guy, who still needs a blog name, will be gone during George’s after school time. This will allow us to get his homework done and spend some QT together. He has so many big feelings going on inside, but doesn’t always know how to express them. Also, new little guy doesn’t seem to understand leaving someone alone while they do homework. George has trouble staying on task as it is, having a new friend constantly telling you to come play does not help.
I also bought some school supplies between dropping kids off at school and coming home to start home school. Boy, things are expensive during off season and at a store in Small Town. Saved me 40 minutes of driving, though, which was worth it.
The urge to drop a coat off at the dry cleaners was ignored. Once home, I checked the tag – wash gentle cycle with cold water. Perfect, no extra bill. I feel like I’m handing out money left and right this week.
My car problems may be passed. Maybe. The mechanic cleared the error message to see if it would come back. So far so good. My husband is insisting the kids and I take his (smaller) car to visit family this weekend. He would rather my car give out near home instead if two hours away from anyone we know. It is crowded enough with two kids in the back, 3 is going to be interesting. I’m thinking movies from the library and getting to our destination as soon as possible may be the only hope for my sanity. Supper will be in the car. Potty breaks? I have not figured that one out yet.