1. Divide and replant aloe plants
2. Take clothes to consignment store – They accepted all but half of a paper sack. I took in two full ones, with toys, clothes and books. 3. Make a call for a quote on siding They were supposed to come out and measure, but then it rained. I expect them to come back sometime this week.
4. Make a list of people I want to send cards to, and their addresses. Mail a card to the first person on the list.
5. Try a new recipe – a strawberry soup of sorts; I’ll let you know how it goes
6. Water garden and potted plants more frequently; the heat is starting to get to them 7. Read with the kids 10 minutes every day We made it to a local library and signed up for their summer reading program. I found it helpful, and motivational, to post the paper on the wall and mark down when I have read to them.
8. Make three freezer meals, including multiples of the one recipe – I did two, but then we ate one. Sort of counter productive, but it was used on a night when we needed a quick meal.
For this coming week, my goal is to finish up the unaccomplished goals above.
With the heat, I really need to make sure to water frequently.
Yesterday, we stopped by a coffee shop on the way home. Their “Grounds for your Garden” bucket was empty, so I asked. I was surprised when the gentleman behind the counter came out with a with the equivalent of a full grocery sack worth of grounds. Apparently when he said, “We probably have some in our machines” meant more than what I would have in my coffee maker at home. My garden will be so happy here in an hour or so.